I woke up with the revelation that I am truly, a Travel Addict. My addition is so bad that I would marry the next man who could recite the major airport codes to me out loud. My problem is getting worse the more I travel. Instead of feeling satisfied that I’m on a plane going somewhere, for example, I think about my next destination and the next one after that. I am sure I’m not the only Travel Addict so here are some signs that you, too, might be afflicted:
- You always check air fares before going to bed and upon waking.
- You check out cool hotels in cities all over the world just for pleasure.
- You buy every travel magazine at the grocery checkout stands.
going to the bookstore to buy one book for your next destination, you
end up buying multiple books for multiple destinations.
- Your passport is your most valuable asset.
- When you meet someone new and they haven’t been anywhere, you don’t want to talk to them AT ALL.
- Your idea of a perfect man or woman is how fat their passport is.
- You view your travel stamps as a work of art.
- KAYAK is your best friend. (If you think Kayak is a boat, dear Lord, you have no reason for reading this blog!)
- You ask every person where they are from and where they have been.
- You cry when you leave for a destination and you cry when you return from a destination.
- You laugh out loud when someone tells you they’re traveling…to Florida.
- When it comes to buying things, you
equate the item’s value to “Travel dollars.” For example, instead of the $2,000.00 Italian suit or designer handbag, you would rather buy an
- You have multiple currencies in your wallet at all times.
- Your idea of porn is looking at multiple travel websites.
- You find maps and globes intoxicating.
- You have multiple time zones and cities set on your iPhone’s World Clock.
- You have multiple cities added on your iPhone’s Weather App.
- Your idea of contestants for THE BIGGEST LOSER are people who don’t own passports.
- You blog about travel.
- You read other blogs about travel.
- You would rather die than not travel.
Well, if you are a Travel Addict like myself, what are we to do about our afflictions but travel???